Monday, June 06, 2005

Welcome to the Republic of Rhyme


One day, when I found the world hard to analyze,
I thought to myself, “I am going to poetize!”
Simplify what happens, and put it all in verse,
into neat rhythmic metrics all matters coerce.
So here I am, giving it an honest shot,
Let’s see if it works, shall we not?

Although of prosody I am no professor,
of a fairly poetic ear I am a possessor.
I like to rhyme, and of that I am proud—
though not enough to read my poems out loud.
They belong on paper, or perhaps on the screen,
on the reader’s inner voice I prefer to lean.

Here we go, this is the launch of my rhyming blog—
a place to escape, like the wooded hills of Prague.
Here no topic is too large, and no subject too obscure,
because in verse all things gain a certain allure.
So welcome, my friend, to the republic of rhyme,
where poetry rules, and prose is a crime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poetry is a contribution second to none.
It adds texture and meaning to our everyday fun.
I applaud your attempt to raise the discourse.
And doing so in rhyme makes it a true force.
Your creativity is inspired.
Especially in a wardrobe that is so tired.
This is too impressive to be a trick.
I hereby declare my citizenship for the Bananja Republic.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Annatopia said...

Dear Srebrna Anja,
I too am joining the Bananja Republic...
I am inspired by your lightness of being...
Zlota Ania

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home