Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Looking at Death

A few days ago, my colleague’s father passed away.
Though my parents are younger, it led my mind astray:
It appeared to me that when someone dies, on we simply go,
perhaps with only a bit more sorrow and grief in tow.
Other than that, there is no real change—
Don’t you find that just a little bit strange?

How important are we really, each of us, I wonder,
because no matter who dies, the world will not go under.
Those left behind have no choice but to continue living,
and live off the joy that the memories are giving.
But soon enough, as some time goes by,
the truth is we all forget those who die.

Maybe that’s the way it should be, don’t you agree?
If I died, I wouldn’t want people to be miserable for me.
I’d like my funeral to be a fun-filled event,
Only then could I leave for heaven fully content.
In fact, if I died, I think it would be perfectly ok,
if some people came to my funeral only for the buffet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home